RSS

The Things I Learned At 16

* Be true to yourself.

”I’m true to myself. Sometimes, people misinterpret it as being pasaway, but at least I know who I am and where I stand. They can’t take that away from me!”

*Value what you have now.

”A year ago, I cherished being a teenager and doing all the fun, irresponsible things only a teen can do. I had a piercing on my right ear, which my parents don’t want to. Well, for me its cool, you know. A lot of guys had courted me in the past and I didn’t tell my ‘rents coz I know they’ll be angry. I currently have a boyfriend for more than 1 year, which my dad doesn’t know until now. Sometimes I go with my friends w/o asking permission from them. Haiz. Now, I value my family the most. Because they could be gone tomorrow (Hope not!), and I don’t want to wallow in what could have been”.

* Don’t let anyone step on you.

”Learn how to defend yourself when you need to. It feels good knowing you can stand up for yourself. Just make sure you aren’t stepping on other people’s toes either”.

*Be responsible in everything that you do.

”Me myself and I make the choices in my life so I must be liable in the outcome of my decisions”.


0 comments:

Post a Comment