RSS

A Secret To Keep

“..I’ll tell you a secret..I already have a baby..”

This is what I heard from my classmate and a very good friend of mine. I was so shocked when I heard the exact words she told me! I can’t believe it! I almost fell off my chair…
It was a week or two after the opening of the class when I developed a certain friendship with two pretty girls in the room. One of them is my group mate in our laboratory class. I will just hide them with the names ‘Wakwak’ and ‘Mana’ (short for manananggal). Weird? Hahah! I label them as ‘Aswangs’. Maybe you’re wondering, why? Well. It came to be when me and bff saw them with cutie guys after our PE class. Then we teased them, “Hala. Naka-dagit naman kmu huh”. Of course, they denied. According to them, they’re just their high school friends. Hmmm. That’s where it all started.
Weeks passed by and our friendship grew each day. It’s getting to a higher level. One day, I noticed that there’s something wrong. ‘Wakwak’ is not as jolly as she is. It’s obvious that there’s something bothering her. She confessed to me that she feels bad towards our two classmates. She thinks that they are judging her because of her physical look. I was confused. I asked, “Why? You’re pretty and you have no prob with your weight as well”. She said, “No. My body is different before”. I don’t have any idea of what she’s talking about. Then she said, “I’ll tell you a secret”. After that she showed to me a picture of a cute baby. I wondered. Then she adds, “I already have a baby. Here she is”. I don’t know what to say! I was blank for how many seconds. I just looked at her and understood everything. Now, I know.
She said it was something she had never regret of doing. Her family and friends accepted her and they all love the baby. I was so touched. At that moment, I super admire her for her courage. Imagine? She had gone through all those things at her very young age. Haiz.
I realized that not all teens undergo the same life. Before, I thought that having no allowance for a week because you’re grounded is a big prob already. Well. There’s something much bigger than that. My friend has really inspired me. I’m super proud of her and I wish her all the best. Eneweiz. Her baby will be baptized this July. I hope I could be the ‘Ninang’. Heheh. ‘till next time! Mwah! Mwah! Mwah!
>>[ah'lay'shia]

0 comments:

Post a Comment