RSS

I WANT THIS BOOK!

The Scenario:

I was strolling at the mall one time. I'm actually with my Dad---but I don't really hanker after leisurely walking with him because he's not just so into girly things like spending hours looking for a cute tee, going in and out of the fitting rooms, finding a new headband-slash-pussycat-slash-hair crown (or whatever you call it!) to add to my collection and so on. Thus, I separated with him to spend some quality time for myself. *giggles.

I was in the midst of my window shopping when I remembered that I have to buy some decorations for my scrapbook. So, I went to the National Bookstore. As usual, I wouldn't go out the store without reading some of the books available there. One book really caught my eye! It's super nice and it looks so interesting---and I really find the cover cute! I was able to read some of its contents. Subsequently, my phone rang! It was my Dad calling me---he told me to meet him right away for some important reasons! So in a panic mode I hurriedly followed him. The sad part is I wasn't able to buy that book! Huhu.

Then just last week, I helped MSL to find a birthday gift for his younger bro Tim2x. I suggested a book so that Tim2x could spend his summer reading. A double purpose for me because I really really want to hit upon that book again---MSL also looked for it. But we're just so unlucky, we haven't found it. Huhu. MSL bought me another book instead-- Stainless Longganisa by Bong Ong. Thanks Muchie yummy bear. (corny. Hihi.)
Here's some info about the book:


Title: The Boyfriend List

Author: E. Lockhart

Overview: (I searched the net for this one.)

Ruby Oliver is 15 and has a shrink. She knows it's unusual, but give her a break---she's had a rough 10 days. In the past 10 days she:

lost her boyfriend (#13 on the list).

lost her best friend (Kim),

lost all her other friends (Nora, Cricket),

did something suspicious with a boy (#10),

did something advanced with a boy (#15),

had an argument with a boy (#14),

drank her 1st beer (someone handed it on her),

got caught by her mom (aghh!),

had a panic attack (scary),

lost a lacrosse game (she's the goalie),

failed a math test (she'll make it up),

hurt Meghan's feelings (even though they aren't really friends)

became a social outcast (no one to sit with at lunch)

and had graffiti written about her in the girls' bathroom (who knows what she was in the boys'?!?)

But don't worry---Ruby lives to tell the tale. And make more list. =)


Hrrrr. I vowed my self to look for this book---no matter what!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool...Don't worry mahahanap mo rin ang librong yan...hehehe...try also fiction novels...i think you'll like it also...

Anonymous said...

so have u found the book already?
Hmmmmm. Goodluck. Hope u find it.
do you have a ym? slamat poh. hehehe.

Allysia Lopez said...

Urgh! Too bad I still haven't found it! I do not have time to actually look for it. :(

well. i'll keep my fingers crossed. i'm still hoping to hit upon that book again. ;)

Allysia Lopez said...

ooops! my ym?

here:
aisylla_lopez :)

Post a Comment