RSS

Super Girl-No More

I'm lying in my bed, looking blankly in the ceiling, feeling sluggish and all, when suddenly something just pops out in my mind. I started wondering if I've become an overworked girl. I asked my self, "Am I neglecting my own needs just so others will like me?". They say that people who aim to please and keep the peace are often overly concerned of what others think of them. They sacrifice what they want, dismiss what they feel, and mold who they are just to avoid being seen as a party popper, a bad friend, a manang, a flake, or anything other than what they think people expect them to be. I must admit, sometimes I'm like that. It's just that it's also difficult to say NO. I'm thinking that if I don't say YES to everything and be everything to everyone, the world will come to an end. But it's not like that. I realized that my friends are strong enough to survive a day without me, the world will keep turning even if I shut off my cell phone so I can finish my work, and my family will still be my family even if I choose to go after my dreams instead of theirs. Hmmmm. Now it's time to take that heavy load in my chest and...breath. =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment