RSS

Medical Mission



Just this morning, the members of the SNAP (Student Nurses Association of the Philippines)-CPU Council participated in a Medical Outreach held at Core Shelter Area, Uswag Village, Jaro, Iloilo City with the Rotary Theme: “Reach Within to Embrace Humanity”. We are very fortunate for having been able to partake in this event. I really like going to medical missions ever since. It gives me a feeling of fulfilment that I am able to serve those who really are in need and who are suffering from abject poverty.

I was assigned together with 4 of my classmates to the Medical Education area. Some members of the Rotarac Club Iloilo were also there to help us through. It’s quite challenging because we have to make sure that every person understood clearly what their medication is and how they are going to consume them (plus the fact that there were countless of people there and every person has various medicines. CAN YOU IMAGINE THAT?). IKR. Whew!

But you know what? No matter how exhausted I am, at the end of the day I’m still very pleased. Seeing the smiles of the people there (especially the kids and the elderly) and hearing them say “Thank You” is so overwhelming that no amount of money can ever compare to that. Hihi. :)

What a day! I need to rest though. I’m so dead on your feet. Tssssss.

0 comments:

Post a Comment